½ pineapple, cut in half then sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1 teaspoon grape seed oil
Optional: ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 hot dogs – I used Grimm’s smokies (use vegan hot dogs for a vegan hot dog feast!)
8 hot dog buns (gluten free, if needed)
For the teriyaki mayo:
¼ cup real mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!), sub vegan mayo if needed
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
½ tablespoon lime juice
Pinch of sea salt
Thinly sliced red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro
1. Preheat your grill to high and oil the grate.
2. Combine all the teriyaki mayo ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Toss the pineapple slices with the grape seed oil then grill until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices over, sprinkle with cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy), then remove the pineapple from the grill.
4. Turn the grill down to medium-high and BBQ the smokies until they are cooked through, 7-10 minutes, turning a few times. Lightly toast the buns on the grill for about 1 minute.
5. Serve the hot dogs with slices of grilled pineapple, teriyaki mayo and some or all of the toppings.