Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time:1 hour 5 mins
8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 limes, juice of
2 cups chicken broth
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed, chopped; more for garnish
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the spices. Pat the chicken thighs dry, and season each thigh on both sides with the spice mix. Be sure to season underneath the skin as well. Let the chicken thighs sit in room temperature for about 15 minutes.
3. When ready, heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet or French braiser. Brown the chicken thighs deeply on both sides in the heated oil. Remove from the skillet and set aside briefly.
4. Lower the heat and deglaze the skillet with the white wine. Let cook to reduce and then add the broth.
5. Bring the liquid to a simmer then add lime juice and garlic.
6. Now return the chicken to the skillet; and toss in the cilantro.
7. Bring to a high-simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
8. Cover the skillet and transfer to the 375 degree F-heated oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with more cilantro, if you like.
10. A simple fattoush salad and a side of white rice, couscous or Greek potatoes complete this chicken dinner.