Events coming up
Summer Food Program
HARLINGEN — The Boys & Girls Club of Harlingen announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program.
Meals will be provided at the sites listed below, from June 6 to August 12 at the times listed.
Meals will be provided to any child ages 1-18 years of age during the prescribed feeding time. In accordance with federal law and USDA policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication and Compliance, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Harlingen Summer Food Program Sites
* Harry Nigro Unit – 1209 West Washington: Noon – 1:30 p.m. (June 16- August 12)- Monday-Friday.
* Ben Milam/Bonita Park Unit- 1215 Rangerville Road: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. (June 6-July 29)- Monday-Friday
* Lamar/Los Vecinos Unit- 1100 McLarry Road: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. (June 6- July 29)- Monday-Friday
* Lemoyne Gardens Unit- 3221 North 25th Street: 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (June 6- August 12)- Monday- Friday
* Wilson/Primera Unit: Corner Stuart Place Road and Primera Road: 10 p.m. – 2 p.m. (June 6- July 29)- Monday-Friday.
More Summer Programs
The Boys & Girls Club of Harlingen will host a Summer Program from June 6 to Aug. 12.
Scheduled programs include Basketball Camps, High School Girls Sports Leagues, Special Academic and Technology Activities, Fitness Development Programs, Inflatable Games, Daily Tournaments and Door Prizes, Skate Park, Baseball/Softball Games, Field Trips/Outings, Teen Nights, Special Events, and a wide variety of recreational games.
Registration for all ages is $10 for the entire summer.
Club sites include the Main Unit in Fair Park (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Lamar School Unit (10 a.m. -4 p.m.), Lemoyne Gardens Unit (10 a.m. -4 p.m.), Ben Milam School Unit (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.), and Wilson School Unit (10 a.m. -4 p.m.).
All Clubs feature air conditioned gymnasiums and other facilities, computer rooms, game rooms, outdoor play areas, library/academic areas, and fitness areas.
Contact the Main Unit at 428-4183 for additional information.