Yield: 4 servings
2 teaspoons rice flour
1 pieces ginger
1 whole green chili
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 pinch salt, to taste
2 large corn cobs, husk and silk removed
1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
1 cup water
1/2 lime coriander leaves (cilantro), to garnish
1. Mix the rice flour with one tablespoon of water and keep aside.
2. Make a paste of the ginger and green chili and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Once they turn brown, add the ginger green chili paste and fry for a minute.
4. Add the chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent. Stir in the turmeric, coriander powder and salt and fry for a minute more.
5. Slice corn cobs into 1” thick pieces. Add corn slices to the pan, and mix well. Add water and the coriander milk and cook covered till the corn cobs are tender and cooked through.
6. Garnish with lime juice and coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.