This past summer, the San Benito CISD Board of Trustees approved the Re-Imagine 2021 Strategic Plan — a collaborative effort of the Trustees, district administrators and staff as well as students, parents, and business and community members.
Designed to guide the district toward an exciting future of excellence and remarkable accomplishments, the Strategic Plan includes a new mission statement, vision statement, and set of core values.
The school district’s new guiding principles are the following:
The mission of the San Benito CISD is to provide a premiere education for all students, through a positive and safe learning environment, so that its graduates are college, career, and workforce ready.
The vision of San Benito CISD is to be the gold standard in all areas of public education.
San Benito CISD believes that:
– All students can and will learn
– All teachers can teach
– High expectations for all encourage excellence
– Resources to support students’ needs must be provided
– Excellence in teaching and learning is vital
– All students will be supported to pursue their passion upon graduation
– Respect for all individuals is essential
– A community with shared ownership, purpose, and commitment work well together
“I am super excited to begin the 2016-2017 school year with a new vision, mission statement, and core values. These three statements are the basis for everything we do in the district,” explains San Benito CISD Superintendent of Schools Dr. Adrian Vega.
“As our vision states, ’The vision of San Benito CISD is to be the gold standard in all areas of public education.’ This vision is all encompassing of everything we do. We are simply striving to be the best in everything we do,” Vega added.