lemon chicken piccata
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
salt and pepper to taste
all purpose flour, for dredging
4 tbsp butter, unsalted
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup chicken stock or dry white wine, I used wine
¼ cup brined capers
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
2. In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil, over medium to high heat.
3. Add chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3 to 4 min per side until browned. When chicken is cooked, remove chicken from skillet.
4. Remove skillet from heat. Add lemon juice, chicken stock or wine, capers and scrape up the brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Return skillet to heat and bring to a boil. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Add chicken back to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter and add remaining butter and whisk for about a minute. Sauce will thicken a bit.
5. You can return chicken to skillet and garnish with parsley. Alternatively you can pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers With Tzatziki Sauce
Prep Time: 6 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 21
Yields: 6 servings
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon coriander
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup peeled and diced English cucumber, about 1/2 of a cucumber
1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon grated garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
1. In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients then add in the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
2. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Heat the grill to medium high heat.
4. Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers, be sure to soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.
5. Oil the grates of the grill and place the skewers on them.
6. Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes then flip it over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
1. Peel and dice the cucumber.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
3. Fold in the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Skillet Lemon Chicken With White Wine
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin breasts, or pounded thin)
1/4 cup butter, unsalted
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 lemon sliced
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
Fresh rosemary for garnish (optional)
1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
3. Coat both sides of each chicken breast in the flour mixture and add to the hot skillet.
4. Add the lemon juice, white wine, lemon zest, and rosemary to the skillet.
5. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side until no longer pink in the center.
6. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
7. Allow the sauce in the skillet to reduce by half. Add the lemon slices after reduced until they’re softened/carmelized.
8. Add the chicken back into the skillet and you’re ready to serve! If you want your sauce a bit sweeter/less tart, add the tbsp. honey to taste.
Serve over rice or pasta.