LA FERIA — City commissioners unanimously agreed to appoint Police Chief Cesar Diaz as interim city manager at a special meeting last night.
“There are a lot of projects going on in the city and I just have to make sure things are getting done,” Diaz said. “I’m willing to help.”
Diaz’s appointment comes after the recent resignation of Interim City Manager Esmeralda Sanchez.
Commissioners accepted her resignation last night.
Sanchez, 44, resigned effective immediately on Wednesday after she handed in her letter.
She held the position for about two months. She was appointed in July soon after longtime City Manager Sunny Philip was terminated.
For the rest of this story and many other EXTRAS, go to our premium site, www.MyValleyStar.com.
Subscribe to it for only $6.99 per month or purchase a print subscription and receive the online version free, which includes an electronic version of the full newspaper and extra photo galleries, links and other information you can’t find anywhere else.
– 1993: Sunny K. Philip is appointed city manager
– July 15, 2016: Philip loses job as city manager
– July 19: City Secretary Esmeralda Sanchez is appointed interim city manager
– Sept. 14: Sanchez submits her resignation
– Last night: Police Chief Cesar Diaz appointed interim city manager