SAN BENITO — Market Days will resume here on Oct. 8, with a new location to better feature the city and to provide enhanced surroundings for shoppers.
Heavin Memorial Park will be the site for the local events, scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. A full schedule of dates, times and locations will follow, according to Economic Development Corporation Administrative Assistant Rachel Siller.
Market Days is designed to provide vendors an opportunity to showcase their unique items and for visitors to explore San Benito and its offerings.
“We are working to advance these events to attract larger crowds and bring more people to our city,” Siller said.
“We have the backdrop of our picturesque Heavin Memorial Park on the resaca, shade from the sun and an overall greater festival feeling. We will offer music, and of course vendors will have delicious foods and drinks available. Other merchants will offer unique handmade and one-of-a-kind items for sale.”
Registration information for Market Days can be downloaded at sanbenitobusiness.com.
Cost for vendors is $20 for a booth and $15 for a vendor permit.
Payment may be made at San Benito City Hall, 485 N. Sam Houston. Deadline to register for the Oct. 8 Market Days is Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 5 p.m.
The full schedule of market days for this season includes:
• Oct. 8 at Heavin Park from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Nov. 12 at Heavin Park from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Dec. 3 at Heavin Park (time to be announced. Will be part of Community Christmas in the Park)
• Jan. 14 at Heavin Park from 9 a. m.-1 p.m.
• Feb. 11 at Heavin Park from 9 a. m.-1 p.m.
• March 11 at San Benito Fairgrounds (time to be announced. Will be part of Texas Independence Celebration.)
For more information, call the EDC office at 956-361-3804 Ext. 304.