Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 egg white
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup neutral flavored oil (canola, peanut, or olive–not extra virgin)
1¼ cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1½ cups pumpkin puree
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. MAKE THE CREAM-CHEESE SWIRL: In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with the egg white until smooth and well combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. MAKE THE BREAD: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice to combine.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the sugar to combine. Add the eggs one at a time and mix to combine. Mix in the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree.
5. Add the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients; mix until evenly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle the cream-cheese mixture over the top, then use a skewer or the tip of a knife to swirl the cream cheese into the batter.
6. MAKE THE STREUSEL: In a small bowl, mix the flour with the brown sugar, oats and cinnamon to combine. Add the butter and mix until moist crumbs form. Sprinkle the streusel evenly on top of the batter in the pan.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the loaf is golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
am Cheese Bread
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 box vanilla pudding mix
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 cups chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
1. Heat oven to 325F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and pudding mix.
4. Cream the butter with the sugars until light.
5. Add eggs, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl after each one.
6. Add vanilla and pumpkin. Slowly add the flour, and fold in chocolate chips.
7. Scoop into rounded tablespoons on lined baking sheets.
8. Bake at 325F for 15 minutes.
9. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Granola Pumpkin Pancakes
3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granola
Maple syrup (optional)
1. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (flour through salt).
2. Mix together buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, butter and vanilla. Whisk into flour mixture. Fold in granola.
3. Spray griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Spoon batter onto griddle 1/4-cup per pancake) and cook over medium heat, flipping when tiny bubbles appear in the pancake.
5. Continue cooking until golden on each side. Serve with maple syrup, if using.