1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons cream or milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
20 pretzel rods, about 5 inches long
2 teaspoons butter
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cups white chocolate chips, melted
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix brown sugar, butter, cream and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in flour and salt. Shape dough into twenty 1 1/4-inch balls.
2. Place pretzel rod on ungreased cookie sheet. Press ball of dough onto the end of each pretzel rod. Press dough with fork to resemble “bristles” of broom.
3. Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
4. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place brooms on waxed paper. Heat butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
5. Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered. Drizzle with melted white chocolate chips. Let stand until chocolate is set.