Yield: 32 pieces
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. Put the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and finely chop.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, cinnamon, cloves, and coriander to a boil. Add the chocolate and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
4. Stir in the almond–pumpkin seed mix. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate, uncovered, until the mixture is firm, about 1 hour.
5. Spoon mounds (1 heaping teaspoonful each) of chocolate mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Roll the mounds into even smooth balls. Put the cocoa powder on a plate. Roll the balls in cocoa, and transfer the truffles to a small tray. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.