For the crust
1 brownie recipe (linked below)
For the filling
4 ounces dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao)
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter at room temperture
1 1/2 cups super fine baking sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs, cold
For the whipped cream topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Prepare your brownies according to this recipe or your favorite brownie mix—baking them for 30 minutes in a well-greased pie plate. Allow to cool completely.
2. Once the brownie crust has cooled, begin to make the filling. Melt chocolate and cool slightly. In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light (about 2 minutes).
3. Scrape down the side of the bowl, and add the melted chocolate and vanilla. Blend well and then switch to the whisk attachment.
4. Add the cold eggs one at a time, whisking 5 minutes after each addition. This will take you a total of 20 minutes for the 4 eggs.
5. Spread the filling onto your cooled brownie pie crust and chill 4 hours (overnight is best).
6. Before serving, whisk your cream with the powdered sugar until you have stiff peaks, spread on the pie and top with some extra shaved chocolate.