SAN BENITO — Starting a business can be tricky.
The San Benito Chamber of Commerce is there to make it as easy and accessible as possible.
Prospective business owners and current business owners are encouraged to attend a chamber-sponsored informational seminar that will tell them all they need to know about starting a small business.
The seminar will take place Feb. 16 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the chamber offices at 223 S. Sam Houston Blvd.
Presenters will explain how to start, where to get free technical assistance and training and business loan programs.
The Lower Rio Grande Valley District Office of the Small Business Administration in Harlingen is committed to fostering economic growth by providing assistance to the small businesses that are located in its area of operation.
The SBA’s Harlingen office serves Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Starr, Willacy and Zapata counties. The branch office in Corpus Christi serves Aransas, Brooks, Duval, Kleberg, Nueces, San Patricio and Jim Wells counties.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses.
The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
• Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders.
• Free counseling, advice and information on starting, better operating or expanding a small business through (SCORE) Counselors to America’s Small Business.
• Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise Development Program.
• Women’s Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners.
• Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade.
• If you’re a veteran, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans.
WHAT: SBA Seminar
WHEN: Feb. 16, 2-4 p.m.
WHERE: San Benito Chamber of Commerce, 223 S. Sam Houston.
For more information or to register contact Veronica Ortega at email@example.com or 956-427-8533 ext. 233 or Melissa Rosales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 956-361-9111.