LAGUNA VISTA — Town officials urge residents to remember the dos and don’ts of brush collection.
– All properties with active water/sewer services are required to have an active account with Republic Services for trash and brush collection services.
– Brush needs to be placed in front of the properties between the 10th and the 15th day of every month.
– Grass clipping or brush piles generated by the maintenance of vacant lots left on these vacant lots will NOT be picked up by Republic Services unless an account has been set up or arrangements have been made with this refuse collection company.
– Property owners are prohibited from placing their grass clippings, brush or appliances on vacant lots or other properties.
H Property owners are prohibited from disposing of their trash, brush or appliances on vacant lots or on other properties.
If you have any questions about your account, or you want to activate one, please contact Republic Services at (800) 423-7316.
Advisory Board Openings
LAGUNA VISTA —Interested in serving on one of the town’s advisory boards?
The town has openings in the following boards:
– Ad Hoc Charter Committee (7)
– Ethics Board (1)
– Library Board (1)
For those interested, obtain an application from the City Secretary by calling 956-943-1793 or by sending an email to email@example.com to request a copy.
Purple Heart Brick Pavers
LAGUNA VISTA — Laguna Vista is now accepting orders from those interested in purchasing a Purple Heart brick paver.
These brick pavers will be installed at the Purple Heart Memorial.
“We are encouraging Purple Heart recipients or family or loved ones of Purple Heart recipients to purchase these brick pavers so we can have them installed at our Purple Heart Memorial,” said City Manager Rolando Vela.
The brick pavers are $50 each and are made of granite.
“You will be allowed to put up to three lines on the brick paver with no more than 14 spaces per line to commemorate a Purple Heart recipient,” Vela said.
“These brick pavers are a great way to thank our friends, family and others who have honorably served our country.”
To purchase a paver, contact the Town of Laguna Vista at 956-943-1793 or stop by 122 Fernandez.
Joint Workshop Scheduled
LAGUNA VISTA — The Town Council has scheduled a joint workshop with the LVRA Board for today at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the marina lease. The public is invited.
Easter Egg Hunt By The Bay
LAGUNA VISTA — On April 15 from 10 a.m. to noon the town will host an Easter Egg Hunt by the Bay at Roloff Park.
The Easter Bunny will be in attendance. Activities include an Easter egg hunt and giveaways for the kids.
Earth Day Celebration Scheduled
LAGUNA VISTA — The Earth Day Celebration has been scheduled for Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Roloff Park. It will be a public event featuring educational materials and activities geared toward stewardship of the environment.