HARLINGEN — Police have discovered a string of car break-ins and need help identifying the suspect.
On Friday, police officers responded to a burglary of motor vehicle on Poinciana Street and found out a number of other vehicles in the area had been burglarized.
In all, the suspect broke into 19 vehicles.
Video surveillance shows the man randomly checking door handles of parked vehicles. Each one he broke into was unlocked.
Anyone with information about the burglaries are encouraged to notify the Harlingen Police Department at (956) 216-5401 or the Harlingen Area Crime Stoppers at (956) 425-TIPS (8477).
The Harlingen Police Department would like to offer the following tips on how to possibly prevent their vehicles from burglary:
• Secure and lock all doors and windows
• Park in well lighted areas
• Do not leave valuables inside your vehicle, or
• Hide items left inside vehicles
• Activate alarm (if applicable)
• Report any suspicious activity