The San Benito CISD Family and Community Engagement Department is excited to begin the new academic year.
In October, the parent-centered department’s name will officially transition from the Parental Involvement Department to the Family and Community Engagement Department in order to align with the federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) signed into law on December 10, 2015.
“The 2017-2018 school will be an exciting year of transition for the school district and for the Parental Involvement De-partment,” said Parental Engagement Coordinator Luis D. Gonzales, Jr.
“The Family and Community Engagement designation will better recognize the invaluable contribution of parents and family members of San Benito CISD students and of our dedicated community volunteers,” he added.
Beginning on Monday, Sept. 11, the campus parent centers will be open from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM according to the following schedule:
• Ed Downs Elementary,
• Frank Roberts Elementary,
• Landrum Elementary, and
• San Benito High School;
• Dr. C.M. Cash Elementary,
• Dr. Raul Garza, Jr. Elementary,
• Fred Booth Elementary,
• La Encantada Elementary, and
• Sullivan Elementary;
• Angela G. Leal Elementary,
• La Paloma Elementary,
• Judge Oscar De La Fuente Elementary,
• Rangerville Elementary, and
• San Benito Veterans Memorial Academy;
• Berta Cabaza Middle School,
• Miller Jordan Middle School,
• San Benito Riverside Middle School,
• Joe Callandret Positive Redirection Center, and
• Gateway to Graduation Academy.
Gonzales cordially invites and encourages all family and community members to participate in campus parent center activities as well as to attend districtwide events throughout the school year.
“Volunteer opportunities are available at all SBCISD campus parent centers,” he explains.
For additional information, please contact the Family and Community Engagement Department at (956) 361-6310.