HARLINGEN — City officials are urging residents to report storm damage to try to qualify for federal aid.

Cameron County residents’ total damages must reach $1.4 million to allow the county to qualify for Federal Emergency Management Agency aid.

The city has set up an email to allow residents to report their damage assessments and photographs.

Residents can email reporthgn@myharlingen. us to report their

damages. “The city of Harlingen urges residents not to wait on reporting any damages,” city spokeswoman Irma Garza stated yesterday. “They will need to provide their address, type of residence, how much water was in their home or business, their estimate of damages in dollars and pictures if they have any.”

For more information, call the public works department at (956) 216-5300.