HARLINGEN —Government officials are encouraging residents who were affected by the June 24-25 storm to apply for funding from the various organizations that provide it.
Mayor Chris Boswell and Emergency Management Planner Nathan Flores said those who need urgent help should apply to organizations such as Habitat for Humanity of the Rio Grande Valley, disaster relief funding from Texas Realtors and to contact the crisis cleanup phone numbers.
Both the Habitat for Humanity and the Texas Realtors websites have their application available for residents to apply to. A Spanish version is available on the Habitat for Humanity website for non-English speakers.
“We have different phone numbers available where they can call to receive assistance. But the best thing to do would be to apply to these accessible website entries and wait for a follow up,” Flores said.
The phone numbers available to register for help or ask for assistance are:
Requisites to apply to Habitat for Humanity Rio Grande Valley
Families must provide the following documents:
• Driver’s license/ID of applicant (if applicant isn’t the homeowner, provide theirs as well)
• Income (pay stubs, alimony, child support, benefits, etc.) for anyone/everyone living at home and earning income
• W-2 & 1040s for 2018 & 2017
• If self-employed, provide the past 2 years of profit-loss statements
• Bank statements (3 months checking accounts, 6 months savings accounts)
• Evidence mortgage has been paid off (if still paying, evidence of current mortgage balance)
•Pictures of damaged area