HARLINGEN — For Rebecca Yzaguirre, 41, helping others has always been a passion of hers.
And after opening her cleaning business, You’ve Got Maids of McAllen, she felt inspired to help women throughout the Valley who are battling cancer.
In partnership with Cleaning for a Reason, an international nonprofit, Harlingen native Yzaguirre has been offering free house cleaning services for about 10 years to women undergoing treatment for any type of cancer to enable them to focus on their health.
“Cleaning as it is, is stressful for everyone so this is just me putting myself in their shoes,” Yzaguirre explained.
“I’ve had family members that have had cancer and I know what they’re going through so it means a lot to me that we’re able to provide these services and give them something less to worry about.”
How it works
According to Yzaguirre, the most common house cleaning plan usually consists of a three-hour visit, once a month for three months.
From rearranging furniture to dusting and disinfecting, Yzaguirre says her 16-member team’s goal is to help in any way they can.
“We work based on what their needs are and what we see that we can do for them,” Yzaguirre said. “We’ve done a lot of different things for our clients because every one of them is very special to us.”
Yzaguirre said she hopes to help as many people as possible who are affected by cancer.
“It feels wonderful to be able to provide these services to people in need,” Yzaguirre said. “Our services aren’t just about cleaning, they’re about providing satisfaction and care to people and that’s what we do.”
Visit https://tinyurl.com/y4nbe3ug, if you or someone you know is battling cancer and are interested in receiving free house cleaning services.
WHAT IS YOU’VE GOT MAIDS?
• It was founded in 2005 and has more than 50 locations nationwide.
• Offers weekly, bi-weekly and one-time cleaning services.
• You’ve Got Maids’ uniformed employees work in teams, arrive in a logoed company car and have a fully trained supervisor on-site at all times.
WHAT IS CLEANING FOR A REASON?
• It’s a nonprofit organization that serves the U.S. and Canada.
• The mission is to give the gift of free cleaning to women undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
• Since 2006, their partner maid services have volunteered their time to clean for more than 320,200 women.