Following the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and The Texas Department of State Health Services of less than 10 people in one location, the following events/activities/facilities are closed or have limited public access.
• Harlingen Public Library –closed
• Museum – closed
• Lon C. Hill Building- permits, birth & death certificates – limited access of fewer than 10 people at a time.
• Harlingen Police Department- limited access to lobby and investigators are available by appointment only.
• Municipal Court- closed
• Police Records- limited access of fewer than 10 people at a time.
• City Hall- limited access to less than 10 people at a time.
• Valley International Airport- following CDC recommendations of social distancing.
• Golf Course- limited access to groups of less than 10 people only and the kitchen is closed
• Swimming pools & Splash Pad- closed
• Parks- limited access to less than 10 people at a time.
• All Garage sales canceled.
• All-City Sponsored events canceled.
• All private events at City facilities for ten people or more canceled.
• All city rentals canceled.
• Farmers Market- canceled
• Harlingen Art Night- canceled
• Downtown Walking Tours- canceled
• Downtown Morning Coffee canceled
• Jackson Street Market Days- canceled
• DID Board Meeting –April 7- canceled
• Jackson Street Class Car Show – canceled
These closures/cancellations will remain in effect until April 5, and could be extended if needed.
All other City services remain operational.