Early voting for the July 14 primary runoff elections continues through the end of the week. As of Sunday afternoon, 6,278 ballots had been cast in the runoff elections, according to records provided by the Cameron County Elections and Voter Registration Department. Of that number, 6,103 ballots were cast in the Democratic Primary runoff while 175 votes were cast in the Republican Primary runoff. Early voting ends July 10.
Three seats are up for grabs on the Democratic Party ticket, including a runoff for county sheriff between incumbent Omar Lucio and former district clerk Eric Garza, a runoff for the 138th state District Court seat between Gabriela “Gabby” Garcia and Helen Delgadillo, and a runoff for state senator District 27 between incumbent Eddie Lucio Jr. and Sara Stapleton Barrera.
On the Republican ticket thereisarunoffbetween incumbent Pedro Delgadillo and Norman Esquivel Jr. for Cameron County Constable Precinct 1.
Officials said staff is taking extra precautions to control the spread of coronavirus in the community as cases continue to rise. Although there is hand sanitizer readily available, guidelines from the Texas Secretary of State recommend that voters bring their own.
Early voting continues until Friday. Times and dates will vary during early voting. Call the Cameron County Voter Registration and Elections Office for voting hours and dates at (956) 544-0809 Here is a list of early voting locations for the Democratic and Republican July 14 Primary Runoff Elections:
- Cameron County Courthouse Judicial Complex Main Office, 954 E. Harrison
- Brownsville Public Library, 2600 Central Blvd, Brownsville
- Southmost Public Library, 4320 Southmost Blvd., Brownsville
- New Horizon Medical Center, 191 E. Price Road, Brownsville
- Texas Southmost College, Mary Rose Cardenas South Room No. 115, 80 Fort Brown
- Bob Clark Social Services Center, 9901 California Road, Brownsville
- Cameron Park Community Center, 2100 Gregory Ave., Brownsville
- Cameron County Harlingen Annex, 3302 Wilson Road, Harlingen
- Harlingen Cultural Arts Center, 576 “76” Drive, Harlingen
- San Benito Community Center, 210 E. Heywood St., San Benito
- Los Fresnos Community Building, 204 N. Brazil, Los Fresnos
- La Feria City Hall, 115 E. Commercial Ave., La Feria
- Port Isabel City Hall, 305 E. Maxan St., Port Isabel
- Santa Rosa Maria Luisa Ruiz Guerra County Annex Building, 116 Santa Vista Ave., Santa Rosa
- Rio Hondo ISD Administrative Building, 215 W. Colorado St., Rio Hondo
- Los Indios Community Center, 309 Heywood St., Los Indios
- Town of Rancho Viejo, 3301 Carmen Ave., Rancho Viejo